About Me

"Ann Louie" is Ann Louise DeMatteo. She is my mom and what was supposed to be a routine CAT scan for pneumonia turned into a diagnosis of Stage IV adenocarcinoma (Lung Cancer). If you have had cancer, or known someone who has, you know how devastating it can be to the patient and their family physically, emotionally and financially. Please visit our site to receive updates on my Mom and to find out about events and ways you can help. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Still Her Same-Old-Self!

I've been talking to Mom over the phone in the past week and she still sounds the same and says she is "doing all right, I guess." The doctors keep asking her if she is having trouble eating, swallowing, etc and she isn't :) It seems as though they suspected she would by now, but so far, so good! Also, she thinks the MRI on her brain will be scheduled sometime toward the end of September (to determine whether the gamma knife procedure worked on the brain tumor or not).

I want to say with overwhelming gratitude THANK YOU to the STANTON MIDDLE SCHOOL STAFF for providing my Mom (and family) with 12 meals from Dinner by Design, as well as a $100 gas gift card to help Mom get to and from treatments every day. I have the best co-workers!!! =)

I just wanted to post a quick update since some people have been asking. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment