About Me

"Ann Louie" is Ann Louise DeMatteo. She is my mom and what was supposed to be a routine CAT scan for pneumonia turned into a diagnosis of Stage IV adenocarcinoma (Lung Cancer). If you have had cancer, or known someone who has, you know how devastating it can be to the patient and their family physically, emotionally and financially. Please visit our site to receive updates on my Mom and to find out about events and ways you can help. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sad? News


I got some news this morning - first from my sister via text and then my Dad called shortly after.
My grandpa (my Mom's dad) died last night in the hospital. It's such a strange feeling for me - I feel like he is right where he belongs in Heaven with his wife & daughter. I have heard him say more than once that he was ready to die and be with his family in Heaven. A few things that trouble me a bit, though, is that he's been so ill these last few days that I'm not sure if he went peacefully or not. He had stomach cancer and he'd been in the hospital because he couldn't keep any food down because the masses in his stomach were too large. Also, it makes me sad to know that my family is hurting - I just pray they find the peace the Lord has given me. Yes, I feel this loss, but I know it's what he wanted and that helps put my mind at ease. Finally, I hope this doesn't deter my Mom from her path to healing. Other than that, I think he was ready, and I guess God was ready for him, too.

With Mom's treatments starting and the loss of her Dad, I'm sure this week will be extra, extra tough for her. Please pray for healing, strength and comfort for her and the family. She just lost her sister to colon cancer not even a year ago, so I can see how she hates this disease, as it is trying to take her life, too.

On another note, if you'd like to sit in with my Mom during any of her treatments, here is the information: Northwest Community Hospital @ the North Pavilion in the basement (stop at the service desk for specifics).

Monday 8/9: 9am (6 hrs)
Tuesday 8/10: 11:00am (2 hrs)
Wednesday 8/11: 10:30am (2 hrs)
Thursday 8/12: 10:30am (2 hrs) Virginia Nurmi will be visiting.
Friday 8/13: 10:30am (2 hrs)
Monday 8/16: 9am (6 hrs)

**No flowers, please. Chemo patients cannot have live flowers around them.

I will post my grandpa's memorial information as soon as it becomes available.


No comments:

Post a Comment