About Me

"Ann Louie" is Ann Louise DeMatteo. She is my mom and what was supposed to be a routine CAT scan for pneumonia turned into a diagnosis of Stage IV adenocarcinoma (Lung Cancer). If you have had cancer, or known someone who has, you know how devastating it can be to the patient and their family physically, emotionally and financially. Please visit our site to receive updates on my Mom and to find out about events and ways you can help. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cycle One Begins...

Chemotherapy starts Monday 8/9
Radiation starts Tuesday 8/10


Here is the breakdown:
Chemo will start on the Monday, and that is the longest treatment at about 6 hrs. The subsequent treatments will be 2 hours for Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Mon.

Radiation is every weekday (Mon-Fri... this week starting on Tues) for about and hour.

Both chemo and radiation will be done at Northwest Community Hospital. Mom can have visitors during her chemotherapy sessions, but not during radiation. I'll see what I can do about posting a schedule on the blog if you'd like to see her and keep her company.

Keep Mom in your thoughts as she begins this new journey.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah:

    thank you for letting me know about your mom's treatments. I would love to go visit her during treatments. please let me know though, because i don't want her to feel uncomfortable if I show up there. I will keep her in my constant prayers, praying that our Lord will hold her close throughout this whole scary process.

    ReplyDelete