About Me

"Ann Louie" is Ann Louise DeMatteo. She is my mom and what was supposed to be a routine CAT scan for pneumonia turned into a diagnosis of Stage IV adenocarcinoma (Lung Cancer). If you have had cancer, or known someone who has, you know how devastating it can be to the patient and their family physically, emotionally and financially. Please visit our site to receive updates on my Mom and to find out about events and ways you can help. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How does that saying go? ...

One step forward, two steps back!

Talked to Mama today... she had a rough night of pain. She was vomiting because of the intensity of it. It turns out that the lung that was operated on isn't inflating and has water in it - double whammy :( Aside from the pain, it's hard for her to breathe. They are monitoring it and if it doesn't improve tomorrow, she needs to go in for a procedure to fix it. I'm not sure of all the details, she may have been sparing me some information so I don't get too worried. I just may call the nurse again tomorrow and see what he/she has to say...

*Sigh* I'm sure my Mom is frustrated, but I asked her if she regretted getting the surgery and she said no - that's good at least!

If you'd like to visit her, I'm sure she'd love the company! She is in room 373 in the East Wing. If you'd like to give her a call, just text me and I'll text you the direct line.

Keeping the faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment