About Me

"Ann Louie" is Ann Louise DeMatteo. She is my mom and what was supposed to be a routine CAT scan for pneumonia turned into a diagnosis of Stage IV adenocarcinoma (Lung Cancer). If you have had cancer, or known someone who has, you know how devastating it can be to the patient and their family physically, emotionally and financially. Please visit our site to receive updates on my Mom and to find out about events and ways you can help. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Better News!

After my brief conversation with Mom last night, I woke up this morning a little worried. I called the nurse's station and used my "special access code" to get an update, since it was too early to call her room. The nurse said that she was on her way right then to remove her chest tube. She also commented that she was doing much better as far as pain. It was such a relief because I hated hearing her sound so weak, tired, and in pain. That helped ease my mind a bit before starting my day.

After school I gave Mom's room a call. She sounded SO much better! She said all the tubes (including the epidural) had been removed and they are projecting that she be released to come home TOMORROW! :) My dad was there and they were getting ready to watch Glee (which was another re-run... grrrr!!!)

Thanks everyone for keeping up to date and praying for my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment