About Me

"Ann Louie" is Ann Louise DeMatteo. She is my mom and what was supposed to be a routine CAT scan for pneumonia turned into a diagnosis of Stage IV adenocarcinoma (Lung Cancer). If you have had cancer, or known someone who has, you know how devastating it can be to the patient and their family physically, emotionally and financially. Please visit our site to receive updates on my Mom and to find out about events and ways you can help. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hospital = New Home??

Well, Mom is STILL in the hospital. It looks like they have the bacterial infection under control, but they found pneumonia in her right lung. So that, coupled with the continued fevers, is keeping her in the hospital a lot longer than anyone anticipated.

I am overwhelmed by the response of help from our friends! Thank you so much for providing meals for my family - they all look amazing and I wish I could enjoy them! haha Just as Paul said to the Philippians, "...you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty" (Phil 4:13)

"You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35) but I have to say, I feel pretty blessed to have received these meals so my Mom has one less thing to worry about!!

Thanks again - in particular Jamie, Barclay, Somer and my Stanton family for putting things together so quickly. Also, thank you to the many others who offered to help in a variety of other ways - every act is sooooo appreciated!

Prayer Request: Please pray for a quick return home for Mom, and strength and peace for my
Dad.

If you would like to visit my Mom, she is at Northwest Community Hospital room S909 (take South elevators to 9th floor)

No comments:

Post a Comment