About Me

"Ann Louie" is Ann Louise DeMatteo. She is my mom and what was supposed to be a routine CAT scan for pneumonia turned into a diagnosis of Stage IV adenocarcinoma (Lung Cancer). If you have had cancer, or known someone who has, you know how devastating it can be to the patient and their family physically, emotionally and financially. Please visit our site to receive updates on my Mom and to find out about events and ways you can help. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hope & Encouragement

I found these stories on the web and I had to share!
"Because you believed, it has happened." Matthew 8:13
Praise God!

Mari's story: Hello! My mother has stage 4 lung cancer and is not operable. She had a few brain mets and one lymph node on her neck affected.She was diagnosed mid January and has had 2 chemo cycles and has some incredible results. The lung tumor has reduced over 60% and the brain mets are evidently gone. We all pray alot and hope for the best....maybe even a miracle!

Julie's story: How long can you survive stage 4 lung cancer without treatment? Depends on the person and the extent of the stage iv. I was told I had 2-4 months without treatment, perhaps a year with chemo.. I've so far survived 3 years with stage iv, with the help of two cycles of chemo.

Joe's story: My dad was just diagnosed in July with Stage IV adenocarcinoma in both his lungs. He is just 53 yrs old. Well from oodles of test we found that he was stage IV, in both lungs, and in his lymph nodes. He too is considered terminal. The doctor said he had until about October of '06. He still opted for chemo. He's been on cisplatin and navelbine. He started chemo Aug 5. The end of October he had his scans repeated and the only cancer detected was the large tumor in the right upper lung (and it had shrunk 1/2 the size!) The doc said this is just remarkable. I know everybody handles the treatments differently, but I hope this gives you some encouragement. He has been eating healthy and following his docs orders exactly and most of all staying positive. It has been through alot of faith and prayer that my two brothers and I are getting through this. We too still have our ups and downs, but all in all it is rough for me too. Medically, my dad should not have survived the fall, but he did and he's healed from it. He had absolutely no symptoms either. I feel that our good Lord "helped" him out of that tree so he could get this taken care of too. Good Luck and God Bless!

Ann's story: to be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment