About Me

"Ann Louie" is Ann Louise DeMatteo. She is my mom and what was supposed to be a routine CAT scan for pneumonia turned into a diagnosis of Stage IV adenocarcinoma (Lung Cancer). If you have had cancer, or known someone who has, you know how devastating it can be to the patient and their family physically, emotionally and financially. Please visit our site to receive updates on my Mom and to find out about events and ways you can help. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Come on Down!

My parents are having a
Garage Sale THURSDAY 7/22, FRIDAY 7/23 & SATURDAY 7/24.
All proceeds will go toward medical bills for my Mom.

Stop by and see if anything tickles your fancy, or just stop by and say hello! There will be TONS of tools, so bring the brothers, husbands, dads and boyfriends!!

914 E. Zinnia Lane
Palatine, IL 60074

Update:

Mom saw the radiologist today. She said the radiation therapy sounds pretty awful, including burns on her skin and throat (they said she may not be able to swallow). She doesn't feel strong enough at this point to begin the treatments - it is painful for her to walk and she is convinced that if she starts treatment now, it will kill her sooner than if she chose not to do it. She has until July 30th (next Friday) to choose whether she will go forward with the chemo/radiation, or to just let the cancer take its course.

Prayer Request: Please pray that my Mom makes the "right" decision on whether to get treatment or not. Also, pray for peace in whatever she decides to do.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. We will all be praying for Ann, Tony, and you kids. May the Peace of God which passes all understanding guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:13) So finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable...think on these things. And the God of peace will be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea all of this was occuring; I am here for you Sarah and your family as well. We will be praying for your dear mom and your whole family. I am here if you need anything..........please don't hesitate. I will send you my phone # and call or text me anytime. I have been through all of this more than I can tell you. It's very sad, stressful and only by God's grace have I gotten through it. I am confident that through all this, our Lord will give you the strength to endure this hardship and will give your mom the answers she needs to make a decision. On a more positive note..........my mom was diagnosed with stage IV adenocarcinoma as well (colon/liver) and her oncologist told her/us that with treatments she had a maximum of 6-12 months. she elected to proceed with treatments even through she had heard the worst possible news AND, I might add, we had lost my Dad just one year prior with adenocarcinoma as well. Through prayer and God's glorious & continuous mercy and grace my beautiful mom not only lived an additional 5 YEARS but also had 2 years of remission that was never supposed to happen. So Sarah, everyone has to do what's right for them, but I am a firm believer that if you put it all in God's hands, He will show her the way. The biggest key along with continuous prayer is a strong outlook and attitude and a lot of support from the family and friends. Miracles CAN and DO happen!!!

    "Don't worry about anything: instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 "For I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

    ReplyDelete