About Me

"Ann Louie" is Ann Louise DeMatteo. She is my mom and what was supposed to be a routine CAT scan for pneumonia turned into a diagnosis of Stage IV adenocarcinoma (Lung Cancer). If you have had cancer, or known someone who has, you know how devastating it can be to the patient and their family physically, emotionally and financially. Please visit our site to receive updates on my Mom and to find out about events and ways you can help. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Meal Train & an Update

Please reach out to my family and provide them a meal :) Sign up here:


The latest update on my Mom:

My Dad needs to call the oncologist today (Monday) to schedule an appointment for this week as a follow-up from being released from the hospital. This appointment will be to discuss options moving further - whether that means hospice or some other form of treatment. I will definitely keep you posted as to what is decided.

She is still having trouble moving without help (sitting up, standing up, using the bathroom, etc). She is using a walker and seems to be steady with it as long as she takes it slow. Getting up and going to the bathroom is very tiring for her. She seems to be getting stronger each day, though. Her vision is still impaired, but she seems to know who is who so it isn't completely gone. She has also been eating like a champ!


Thank you again for all your prayer support. An update will come as soon as I hear from my dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment